Friday, June 18, 2010

Seven?

At the park this morning, I noticed a fairly large group of girls surrounding Little Miss A. Upon closer inspection of the situation,I realized these were definitely older, they weren't taller, but then again most of my students entering 3rd grade are shorter than she is, but these girls were definitely more mature given the things they were saying and they way they were saying the things they were saying. After a brief encounter with Mr. D amongst the group where he asked if he could play too, the girls said he wasn't old enough. Mr. D's reply, "I'm EXACTLY as old as she is...we're twins!" Silence...the other girls just looked at Little Miss A. Then I asked "How old do your friends think you are?" Little Miss A's response "7!!!! That's how old I am pretending to be today!!" The sad thing is that she could SOOOOO easily pass for seven and um, she's only five!!! What are things going to be like as we enter the teen years? Will she be the one getting into 21 and up clubs at the age of 18? YIKES!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

that's soooo funny! it's great now . . . but when she's a teenager you might need to worry! :) too cute!