Ok...so here it is: My first post on the kid's blog! I've finally cracked thanks to the relentless "encouragement" from several family members! :)
As you can probably tell by the title, I got to spend my birthday at home with the kids. Stef had to be at some work thing all day, so I stayed home and planned a couple of things to do to keep the kids entertained.
First thing on the agenda was to get breakfast ready. Then we watched cartoons (Scooby Doo is the best) for a little while and I was ready for a nap...what can I say, I am getting old!!
I made our lunch and we headed off to Zilker Park for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day, so we picked out a spot and had lunch on the ground under a tree. Well, I guess I had lunch on the ground...the kids wanted to have their lunch IN the tree. All was good until a couple of ants crawled them and then they were back down on the ground with me.
We met mommy at home and went to Benihana's for dinner. The chef did the obligatory "toss the shrimp trick" and I didn't catch it in my mouth. To my apparent lack of coordination, D proceeded to say, "Daddy, why do you always lose?" Nice. :)
I had a great day and could not have asked for a better birthday present than spending the day with A and D.
No comments:
Post a Comment