When I picked A & D up from school today, the kids were on the playground with their teacher and one of their friends. As we were leaving, D yells across the playground "E remember to tell your Mom to call my Mom so we can have a play date!!! Do you remember my phone number?" His friend yells back a big "No" to which D sighs and screams "I told you it's _ _ _-_ _ _ _!!!" With all my students in the Y around playing to hear, I might add. But, holy crow, it was TOTALLY our number!!! I honestly didn't know he really knew it!!! We haven't sung the phone number song since last summer. How does he remember this stuff?
Later he tells me that we should call E instead of waiting for him to call us and his number is _ _ _ _. After repeating the same number all afternoon, I reply "Buddy, there are couple numbers missing. You only have four numbers for me to call, there should be seven." His response "Are you sure? Do we have seven numbers in our phone number?"
After the teachable moment and counting the numbers out and comparing the two. He decided we should look it up. So, I took out the school calling tree and OMG, minus the three prefix digits, he had it right!!! Seriously, our little boy has one amazing memory!!!
2 comments:
Oh wow! Impressed! Still working on it over here! They both have the address down though! YAY!! Less numbers involved though. Even I have a terrible time remembering numbers! Good job D!
wow! no kidding . . . super impressed that drew has the number down! WOWOWOWOW! i remember kennedy coming home from school with just a few numbers and wondering why we couldn't call her friends . . . too cute! :)
Post a Comment