Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monkeys at the Park!!!
We went on a typical scooter ride around the block this afternoon. (I didn't take the camera OR my phone, I'm still kicking myself for that.) The kids decided they wanted to stop at the play scape at the school and play for a bit. Again, nothing out of the norm. BUT today Little Miss A and Mr. D decided to REALLY try out he monkey bars on their own. A went ALL the way across...first try TOTALLY by herself. I was shocked!!! I think my mouth literally fell to the ground. WOW!!! After that we had a little competition going...D had to show his sister that he could do it too. Before we left, he did it too!!! Poor A, in all her work on the monkey bars she ended up with her first hand injury...horrible water blister that burst on her last slip. That incident had us racing home for reinforcements (a.k.a. band-aids). As we were leaving A started saying it hurt so bad she wouldn't try it again. So I started recounting how many times I used to get blisters on my hands from playing on the monkey bars, but reassuring her that it was so much fun I couldn't let those blisters stop me. Hopefully she'll get back up there the next time we go. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment