A & D's class at school took a field trip to some local stables to learn about how to take care of animals. (Totally has Little Miss A's name written ALL over it, right?) She has been in countdown mode since we found out they were going over a month ago. She was so excited. The day of the field trip the kids had to wear long pants, since a horse ride was part of the experience. This was what Mr. D was so psyched about. Every morning he would pull out his jeans and put them on with his cowboy boots...then he would ask if we were going on our field trip that day. After finding out it wasn't field tip day it was a major chore to convince the little man to change into shorts for a regular school day. (Remember we're in Texas...though it's only May, we're already hitting temps in the upper nineties.)
Finally the big day had arrived. They both jumped out of bed with smiles on their faces "it's field trip day!!!" They got ready faster than I've seen them move in the early morning all year. (If only every day could be field trip day...is there a real magic school bus out there somewhere?) Since I wasn't able to go on the field trip with them, this is a super busy time of year for me in my classroom, I'll have to see if Ms. L has pics I can upload. That said, the only real info I have is from post trip questions. Here's the gist...Little Miss A LOVED the lamb. She said she just wanted to keep petting it. "Mommy, can't we have a lamb at our house?" Yikes, I swear my little girl would have a zoo in the backyard if we had the space. She loves animals. Mr. D's favorite part of the day was riding the horse. I honestly thought that would have been A's favorite part of the day. :) Drew says he "was like a real cowboy!" Other than that, they pet a lot of animals and even got to brush them, they listened a lot, ate lunch and played with friends. Yep, that's all I got from them, but they went on and on about their favorite things. They definitely had fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment