Saturday, May 23, 2009

Growing Up/Letting Go (a little anyway)

Little Miss A went to a birthday party last week...no big deal right? Well, her friend's Mom picked all the girls up at school in the middle of the day and took the girls to lunch, then out for pedicures and then back to the little girl's house for cake and tea. (Or so I'm told...I obviously didn't get to go.) Thankfully A and I have been out several times for pedicures together over the past few years, so I didn't miss that first thing, but man I wasn't ready for her to go anywhere without me yet especially with someone else driving. I had the biggest struggle with this one...how could I keep her at school while the other girls left? That was a really big step for us.
Anyway, my daughter had a blast. She came home with the cutest little toes and was just beaming.
My son, on the other hand was VERY confused as to why he didn't get to go. So, I went and had lunch with him and played on the playground with him at recess. Then picked him up early for some Mommy/son time before Little Miss A got back. I hope that made up for it in his mind. However, like me, the whole time we were spending time together he was thinking about her. "Where is she? When is she coming back? Why can't I go?" I just replied if she hadn't gone, I wouldn't have been able to spend time just with him. It was only then that he thought it was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Avery just had her first sleep-over with her cousin Mackayla and James did the exact same thing. I thought he would love having most of the attention in the house but he just missed her. At least they love each other enough to miss each other!