Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Speedy Gonzales!

One guess who this post is about...Mr. D!!!!! He is a speed monster!

We have seriously been riding bikes after school every day this week, it's been GREAT! Mr. D is getting faster and faster and today was the day for the big biff! No camera, no video...not even after the fact...he wasn't having ANY part of that at all. He does have a pretty decent case of road rash, so we are now strictly enforcing the "no, pads, no helmet, no riding" rule around here. He HATES his pads! Doesn't mind the helmet so much, but the pads are his arch nemesis! Maybe we need to head out this weekend in search of new ones that fit differently.

His sister on the other hand, has no problems wearing any of her protective gear, in fact she's the one reminding Mr. D to put his helmet on before he leaves the garage! She takes her rides seriously with a decent amount of caution. It doesn't help that her twin brother has virtually no spatial awareness what-so-ever and has already crashed into her bicycle while she was riding in the cul-de-sac the other day. Mind you, the circle isn't small! So I'm still trying t figure out how that happened. Although, Miss M and I were run out of place SEVERAL times the other day by that same little boy. Perhaps he's just a road hog. ;) He sure is cute though. Mr. G got out there with the kids riding (my bike needs a little help) and was seriously getting 1'upd by little man all over the place. How do you make that stop?

One thing I can say is that he has no fear (good or bad I still don't know) but he brushed off the grit from his wipe out and hopped back on his bike and kept going still thinking the pads were completely unnecessary! Total boy thing I guess!!! :)

No comments: