After a fun venture to the pool yesterday, I'm happy to report, my little swimmers are back!!!!!!! :) They were slightly MIA towards the beginning of summer. After half of year of swim lessons last year, TOTALLY out and out swimming, we began the summer with two kids that LOVED the water, yet wouldn't really venture into deeper areas of the pool. I wish I had taken them to the pool more often this summer so we would have gotten back to this point sooner, but man we had a lot of non-pool related activities on our summer list this year.
Anyway, we met our neighborhood moms at the pool at 10 and didn't leave until 4!!! The kids were rock stars. Cannonballs, diving, flips, handstands, you name it...they did it. :) It was so nice to be at the pool and not "worry" about them. I was still constantly surveying the area to make sure I knew where the were and watch to make sure they (Mr. D) were on their best behavior, but the drowning concern that has plagued my past was no where in my head.
On a totally separate note, we finally "really" got to play with the other twins in the neighborhood. Last month, a family moved into a house behind the greenbelt from us that has 5 year old boy girl twins!!!! What are the odds, right? Let me just say that our sons and our daughters are more twins with their same gender counterpart friends than they are with one another!!!! They all got along so well, it was kind of scary! :) As we were leaving the pool, we had a trail of blondies all in a line, boys with boys, girls with girls. Crack me up!!! What a fun day!
2 comments:
How fun, playing with twins!! I'm looking at the past few posts of the kds... they are sooooo big!!! And to be at the pool and relax; heaven!! I can't wait to do that! Miss you!
how cool is that? what a fun day! so happy they have friends like that so close! does it get nay better than that?
Post a Comment