Today has been a total Kinder prep day! We've packed our backpacks and lunch boxes, picked our outfits for the week, mastered our alarm clocks, reviewed schedules and chore charts and began winding down for the evening. With jammies on and teeth brushed and flossed, we packed into the game room for our evening stories. I pulled a few new ones I've been sitting on for a while...The Kissing Hand and 'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten. With weeks of preparation leading up to this, I have been totally fine. Then I read a few stories and was a total and complete mess. Reading while sobbing is a gift I have not mastered, I could hardly speak. Even as I type this, I can barely see the computer screen through my tears!!! I am so not ready for my "babies" to grow up!! What happened? Where did the time go? Can I time travel to the past and relive those precious moments of infancy, the care free days of toddlerhood? They are both so excited for big kid school, but this is suddenly all happening way too fast for me!!!!!
A few weeks ago I was starting to worry that having them on campus last year would take some of that excitement/anticipation/newness away, but I am actually beginning to think that it helped them realize with even more certainty how much more amazing and "official" Kindergarten will be. I know they are ready and they are both in great hands, but I'll still be peeking in on "my babies" throughout the day. (Another HUGE perk!!!!)
With a big day tomorrow and all the joys of learning that await them, the Caswell Kids fell asleep in no time flat. (These pictures are five minutes after we tucked them in bed.) 

Sweet dreams precious punkins!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your first day of school adventures!!! I love you so much!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
oooohhhh. my thoughts exactly. where has the time gone? sounds like a perfect start to their first official year of school . . . so nice that you get to peek in on them! that is such a treat! :)
Post a Comment