
As I was picking the kids up from school the other day, Little Miss A's teacher asked when we decided to switch Allie's nickname to Alex. What? When we first decided the kids names we thought androgynous nicknames would be fun, but opted for the girlie Norwegian shortened version for our sweet baby girl. That's about the only time "Alex" every came up. When we started working on her "long" name as she likes to call it, we were explaining her name starts with Alex's name (a sweet friend in class), has a little of her brother's name in the middle and a cheerleader RA at the end. Ever since that, she's been writing Alex on her papers in school. I asked her the other day if she wanted to be called Alex instead. "Just at school, I still want to be called Allie at home." Make me cry...she's already becoming a different (more grown up) girl when she's away from me at school. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment