In honor of Earth Day, the kids have had a week full of Earth friendly activities. Today was extra special though since every Thursday is "show and tell." (Their favorite day of the week!!) Today the kids got to bring something showing how they reduce, reuse or recycle to help protect our environment. So, yesterday after school we did the QUESTy thing and raided the recycle bin to reuse some of this past week's recycling items. :) I was showing A & D different types of "cool" trash...lessons I do with my students ALL the time. Mr. D immediately began planning by picking up the first thing he saw (Big Red soda bottle) claiming it was a rocket, then started adding details, a launch pad, boosters, etc. Little Miss A found some cool pieces, but needed a little help "figuring" out what to make. She ultimately ended up with a Princess castle with lots of towers. :) After assembly, we decided they needed color, so we searched through cans of spray paint in the garage to find our favorite colors. (Yes, I am STILL the spray paint queen...I guess that's why I do what I do at school.) Apply color and voila...2 pieces of recycled art. :)
1 comment:
omg. love the art! this is a good project for the summer . . . my "treasure hunters" would LOVE that! :) okay . . . you'll have to give me some spray painting tips . . . you are the QUEEN!
Post a Comment