Ms. J at school informed me that Mr. D got into a little tiff on the play ground at school the other day...again. Apparently, Little Miss A was playing with another friend (boy) who was playing a little too rough and was telling him to stop, but he wasn't (typical boy, right?). SuperDrew to the rescue!!! D flies across the playground...let the boy resolutions begin. (Yes, I'm sad to report that fists were involved, by both parties. Meanwhile, Little Miss A (a.k.a. damsel in distress) is still on the ground crying. I have to admit that I am secretly so happy to find out the other little boy involved is another teacher's kid in class. A (other boy's Mom) and I joke all the time about our 2 rambunctious boys. (They are such good friends.) Even after the little incident on the playground, at the end of the day, they are still the best of friends. Boys have an issue with one another, punch each other over it, and are totally "cool" afterward. A totally foreign concept to this girl!!!
So, from a Mommy's perspective, do I get super upset that he got into it at school while trying to "protect" his sister?
After Ms. J was finished telling me the events that transpired on the playground, she said that she told Mr. D that she would have to let me know what happened. To that D asks "Why are you are getting me in trouble?" After a quick laugh...that is so Mr. D...I talked with my son about the fact that it is HIS, actions that get him into trouble and that his teachers are trying to help him stay out of trouble and make good choices.
I'm sure this is the beginning of a LONG line of "posts" to come in the future on this same topic...let the fun begin.
1 comment:
awesome! :) it has to be so nice to know he'll stick up for his sis! :) go drew!
Post a Comment