Friday, April 30, 2010

A Walk to School

Last night before bed, the kids were talking non-stop about walking to school. I told them the next time they woke up early enough and got dressed and ready for school in time we would since we obviously have to leave the house earlier to walk and still get to school in time. (Teachers need to be at school at 7:15, so you can probably see why this hasn't occurred too often for us this year.)

This morning I was in the shower when Little Miss A walked in and says "Mommy, the clock says 5:58. Am I up in time?" Absolutely!!! Whoa, that NEVER happens!!!

10 minutes later, Mr. D walks into my bathroom already dressed and proclaims "Okay, Mommy, I'm ready to go. I even made my bed! Can we go now?" WOW!!! The kids were actually waiting on me this morning! That never happens either!!!

So, once I was ready, we walked out the front door, hit the sidewalk and walked our way up the road to school. I think we (Mr. D) probably woke most of the neighbors as we made our way to school to start our day. Yelling from the corner of the cul-de-sac "Bye, bye Daddy!" back J who was watching from the driveway. :)

What a fun way to start a day!

No comments: