Tuesday, April 20, 2010

FIELD TRIP!!!

Little Miss A and Mr. D went with their class on a fun field trip to see the Little Mermaid this morning. I tried to grab a pic of the kids boarding the bus, but the bus was late and I had to get back to class. :( This is the first field trip I am not able to attend and my heart is just broken. The line of things that I am going to miss in my kids' lives has begun. I'm at school and my "babies" are miles and miles away...I'm sitting here at my computer crying just thinking about it. This is the first "fun" thing that I didn't get to share. This is the first bus ride they are taking without me, though thankfully not their first bus ride altogether. (Today's trip is a lengthy one hour stretch from here to G-town then back again.) Just knowing they are so far away (without me) makes me realize just how grown up they really are. I know that I'll be questioning them like crazy when I pick them up today, hoping so badly that they don't leave out any of the details from their journey. Sadly, I can't even wait until the end of the day. I have been watching the clock like a hawk to see when they get back to school. I'll be racing to their classroom just to see them. Am I a crazy parent or what?

1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

next year . . . no excuses . . . you have to go! :) they grow up too fast . . . work will always be there! :)