Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our week in review...

What a week!!! I've been doing so much work from home this week, that I didn't have a chance to update earlier. So here is one post to catch you up on the latest and greatest at the Caswell house from this past week. :)

Thursday...

We made bran muffins with our playgroup after school on Thursday. Little Miss A was such a big helper...she LOVES to help in the kitchen anytime she can. Tenacious D, on the other hand, had his heart set on playing with all the new toys Miss J's house had to offer. (Imagine that!)



Tuesday...

After running errands after school and realizing the day got away from us. We headed to Chick-fil-A for dinner. The place was packed, something I really didn't think anything about as we parked and headed in. I remembered Tuesday is "family night" and figured that was it. Boy was I wrong. It was superhero and princess night!!! The place reminded me of A and D's 3rd birthday!!! It was as though there was literally an imaginary line drawn down the middle of the restaurant one half was girlie table decorations and balloons with princesses all about the other half was decked out for all the boys with every superhero imaginable with all the kids in the restaurant dressed up as their favorite character. They were taking pictures of the kids with the superhero(es)/princess(es) of their choice. There was face painting, and even PINK LIMO RIDES around the parking lot!!! I'm telling you, the place was off the hook, out of control. So forget the original purpose of a little food/play time before we headed home for a "quick" night out. The playscape was way too crowded to play. We couldn't do face painting since the line was so long let alone the fact that we needed to get home and hop in the tub. (Wait in line to get painted, just to wash it off when we get home? Nope.) So we'll be painting today instead. :) We did take a limo ride. They were playing The Little Mermaid throughout our ride. Allie kept saying "look at all the WINDOWS!!" D spend his ride looking at all the glasses. "There are TONS of them!" Late night, but lots of fun! Although Little Miss A's picture with Belle certainly doesn't convey that. Spiderman handed me her picture and said, most sarcastically, "That is one of the best pictures we've seen all night." In an attempt to fake a smile A looked like she was scowling. If I can get J to hook up our scanner, I'll attach it later. The pics I'm including are from my cell, so not the best. (Can you tell we weren't expecting this? The one time I don't bring my camera somewhere, sheesh.)



Monday...

Our fire alarm went off at school today. I was in between classes so I didn't have students to attend to, so I got to sit with A & D until the firemen cleared the building. Mr. D LOVED the firetruck visit! Well, the alarm went off just before naptime, so no nap for the kids at school today. I picked them up early and we met our "best-est" friends at Radijazz. We got there just after the magic show began, but A & D LOVED it!!! They were talking about their magic powers during their playtime at the playnasium!! We went to dinner afterwards and packed it in around 7:00. We didn't make it very far down the road before the kids passed out. The were both OUT by 7:15!!!! We may need to skip naps more often!!! :)




1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

okay . . . all this AND still working full time? you ARE super mom! :) what fun activities! :) i am IN LOVE with the pink limo . . . could we rent it for a gilrs night out? :)