Today was a super special day at school for A & D. They started their morning with a visit from the local Fire Department. As you can probably guess, the fire truck was a HUGE hit for both of them!!! Miss L snapped pictures for me since I was in the middle of a lesson when they went out front to see it. :)In continuing with "A Week on the Farm" theme at school, the kids made butter from heavy cream in baby food jars and shaking it up. I caught the tail end of the activity and Allie said "Mommy, I shook it a TON!!!" Drew insisted that I try some of his on top of one of his crackers. He was SOOOOO proud of himself!
The kids have "show-and-tell" every Friday where they get to bring a special toy to school that starts with the letter of the week. (I can't begin to tell you how hard it is to come up with TWO "things" for every letter.) Anyway, it was Q week in Miss L's class. Little Miss A took a Queen crown and Mr D (tenacious D in this instance) took a "quacker" from our local Duck Tour. I got special clearance from the teacher early in the week so that I wouldn't be known as that parent that sent that thing to school. He was relentless...all week asking if it was Friday so he could take his "quacker" to school. He actually slipped it by me and slid it into his backpack on Wednesday morning and snuck it into the classroom where of course toys aren't allowed unless it's show-and-tell day. Oopsie!!! I guess I need to start checking the backpack in addition to the pockets now!
Since I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, Daddy got to pick them up from school. (A totally new occurrence.) Upon pickup, Daddy notes how beautiful it is out by RPE and decides to take the kids for a nature walk. There is a nice little trail to follow with gorgeous views of downtown and the surrounding hill country. On the nature walk Daddy realizes that A does NOT like cacti at all, even though D was the one that decided to grab a spine of a nearby cactus that totally got stuck in his thumb causing his to "scream like a little girl" according to Daddy.
Add to that a trip to our favorite local Mexican dive for dinner and our traditional Firday night move night...it was a BIG day!
1 comment:
fun day! i wish we got to do show and tell. :( what's school without show and tell? i think that was the highlight of my school career! sounds like a great friday (minus work and the dr. appt., of course!) glad all is good in the dr. dept. i'm sure you're glad it's over with! :)
Post a Comment