Sunday, December 6, 2009

Creative Minds...

Little Miss A is totally creative in her imaginative play. She can entertain her toys for hours with the combined toys interacting with one another. The babies taking their pets (stuffed animals) with broken limbs wrapped in robe ties to the vet (barbie) then going for ice cream (my little pony). It goes on and on in a thousand different scenarios...so "not just one thing can be out at a time, Mom. I need them all." My Little Miss A replies on a pretty regular basis. I would secretly love to only have one thing out at a time. For her to be able to clean up as she goes would be WONDERFUL!!! I know I get overwhelmed when I see the toys mounting up. Her creativity also comes out in every picture she creates. Every little girl she draws has stunning eyelashes, beautiful jewelery, elaborately decorated clothes, etc. Usually not a space left on the page to add more details to. These elaborate drawings usually end up being pictures in the babies house to help her pets feel better.

Mr. D is creative in the things he makes. I think I posted earlier about his stop sign that he made. (Gosh he carted that thing everywhere for the longest time, showing cars they needed to stop while we were crossing the road, driving by, coming to a stop light, etc.) His newest creation that really cracked me up was his watch. Little man had a Spiderman watch that we haven't been able to locate since before the move. (I think he may have left it at the park the last time he wore it...can't tell you how many treasures that little boy has donated to the park through the course of his 5 years!) Anyway, he decides to fix that. As I am making dinner, he goes upstairs to solve his problem, saying he can't tell me, he can only show me when he's done and that it's a surprise. He comes back downstairs about 30 minutes later with the cutest Spiderman watch. He has taken his Spiderman band-aids out and placed two of them exactly end to end around his wrist and has written numbers on the top in marker. :) GREAT idea!!!

So at the end of the evening we have a mountain of toys strewn between Little Miss A's room and the game room. A counter top full of experimentally used band-aids and wrappers...I was wondering how many attempts it took to create the perfect watch. The answer...apparently the entire box. :) Then it was on to the the study where there are several markers around and marker marks on the desk. (I guess he needed to lay the band-aids flat to draw out his numbers and the small band-aids didn't quite give him enough room for all that he wanted to include. (No getting mad at that...how could I?) I know my house is not a museum by any stretch of the imagination, but wow creativity causes confusional chaos!!!! Secretly, I love it!!! I totally love seeing what their little minds come up with everyday!!! There is no limit to what they can do!!! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

:) what awesome kids! :) love the watch story! gosh, you gotta love them! kennedy and kenzie are so similar to allie . . . they cannot play with one thing! we have barbies, babies, groovy girls, and the kitchen all involved in one giant scenario! ahhhhh! sounds like you deal with it better than me! :)