Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Saturday to Remember

A fun new tradition. After picking up some presents for Blue Santa, we went to the Chuy's parade downtown. The parade was awesome!!! What a great way to get in the spirit of the holidays...kids giving to kids! :)



Afterwards, we took Uncle Kyle and Kayla to one of our favorite Austin eateries...Flip Happy Crepes...yummy!!!! As always totally worth the wait.

Then it was off to Zilker Park to go canoeing. We could do this every weekend...in fact I think we might soon. ;) The weather was perfect. At first I think we may have thought we were entered in a bumper boat competition on Town Lake. Kayla and I were both just super happy not to have fallen in the water. :)

We stayed downtown to watch my team lose. Kayla cheers for the wrong team and we were playing each other. Sadly her team is ranked number 1, so I knew it was inevitable. Oh well. It was still fun to watch.

After the game it was "bat time". We walked over to the "bat bridge" to watch the furry friends fly out. :) We stood on he bridge so we could see them below us. The kids LOVED that!! It was one full day of fun, that's for sure...the kids both crashed in the car on the way home. :)

No comments: