The kids had a great day today!!! Having grown up with the birthday song first thing in the morning and loving all my family bringing in presents, I knew that was one tradition I had to keep with my little ones!!! But how do you do that when they're in 2 different rooms you ask? We sang the birthday song from the living room and each of them RAN down the stairs like it was Christmas.
We had a present pile set up for each of them in the family room and took turns opening presents. It was hard to leave for school...they just wanted to play.
Once we got to school, the kids walked into their classroom to a class full of students and teachers singing the birthday song. (You know it's going to be a great day when you've had 2 birthday songs all before 7:30.) They had their birthday broad casted to the school over the P.A. during the morning announcements. After a morning of fun festivities including a craft of party hats, I brought the birthday snack to share. Little Miss A chose butterfly ring topped cupcakes and Mr. D chose blue frosted cookies to share with their friends at school. Daddy brought lunch to school which was an extra special treat and we all ate together with their class.
After school, I picked the kids up early and headed straight home so they could play with their toys they had to leave behind for the day. With a couple hours of play time before we had to leave for dinner, A & D seriously played with EVERYTHING!!!!
Then it was on to dinner. When we started talking about a special birthday dinner a few weeks ago, Mr. D said he wanted to go to my favorite that had the "swords". (These would be chopsticks.) So I asked Little Miss A if she wanted to go to the restaurant where they cooked in front you and she replied "the place with fire? YES!!!" So it was off to Bennihanas. YUMMY!!! (Everyone wins!!!) With a later reservation so Daddy wasn't put too far behind at work, and virtually no nap to speak of, the kids were just about to fall asleep at dinner. They brought out ice cream and sang the birthday song at the end of the meal which perked them up for a bit, but poor D was so tired he didn't even take a bite. As you can probably imagine, the car ride home was the end...they both crashed out in the back seat. We got home to 2 zonked monkeys and as we were picking them up to carry them into the house, they both (independently of one another) remembered the puppy cakes. "We need to have puppy cake!!!"
Against everything that I believe in...you MUST have cake on your birthday, I figured the cupcakes, cookies and ice cream from the day would substitute since they were SOOOO tired. So, we waited until they would really enjoy/remember the beloved puppy cakes...we had them the next night. They were so much more fun...can't you just tell by these silly pics? :)
Can these teeny tiny babies really be my Allie and Drew?
Allie

Drew




My sweet little angels,
It's so hard to believe how much you've grown. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for you. You are the best "babies" any Mommy could ever ask for! I remember the day you entered our lives and have wondered every day since how we "lived" without you. You bring such joy to every day. Your laughter is contagious, your whispered secrets are so sweet, your kisses and hugs are priceless!!! I love you so much!!!! :)
2 comments:
I cannot believe that your little babies are 5 years old!! Where does the time go? Such sweet kids!!! Happy 5th birthday and birthing day of course!!!!
wow . . . seeing them that little puts in all into perspective. i can't even remember them being that small . . . happy birthday sweet allie and drew. we love you guys so much and can't imagine life without you! :) can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment