I know you're totally signing that title line, right? Well, J and I definitely weren't singing it the other night. After a late day and LOTS of fun, Little Man CRASHED on the way home from a late dinner. It was a quick 15 minute car ride home, but the boy was ZONKED!!! I carry him into the house. (Since he was talking about STAR WARS through the entire meal and party from earlier insisting we watch part of the show, I thought let me see if he wakes up if he wants to continue with the movie night plan.) As we're getting close to the door he wakes up and says "we have to watch Star Wars!" Okay, no getting around it, I tell him to go get into his pajamas and I'll start getting everything ready. I see him hit the third step and turn around to start getting ready for movie night. 5 minutes later...no D. I start calling him...no answer! Getting a little panicked and louder with every call of his name, still nothing. I'm calling his name outside. (Although I know in my head he's not outside because every door and window in our house beeps with the alarm.) I'm freaking out, and boy can Miss A tell too. 5 minutes after I've been looking (though it felt like HOURS) J walks in the door. I don't know if it was my expression or Little Miss A's that tipped him off, but he immediately entered panic mode as well. We are ALL THREE searching the house for FIFTEEN minutes, under beds, in closets, the garage, outside, you name it. (Hi, our house isn't THAT big!)
OMG, we found the boy TOTALLY asleep on the couch in the family room. (His brown Jedi cloak completely matched the leather couches and he was 100% covered.) FREAK OUT!!!! Neither of us saw him, he never flinched. As I am gripping my son as tight as I ever have in my entire life on the verge of tears calling his name right in his ear, the boy still doesn't move a muscle. Now you're probably thinking there's something MAJOR wrong, right? Nope, just dead ASLEEP...SNORING!!!!! What a night! It was apparently quite the impression for Little Miss A...that was the first thing she shared with the class on Monday morning..."Mommy and Daddy lost D!" GREAT!
3 comments:
OMG. I'm laughing and crying at the same time...but a happy laugh and a sad (sad for you being so scared!) cry....what a strange emotion! Whew!
wow. what a scary moment. so glad it has funny ending! :) that boy can snooze . . . where'd he get that from?
This reminds my of when my kids decided to go to sleep in their closet and I didn't know where they were! It's SOO scary! Glad you found your wiped out child!
Post a Comment