Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catching Up...

Okay so things have been a little crazy this month, but now that things are calming down a bit I thought I'd catch up. (I'm going to apologize for the quality of some of these pics, I was using my phone for the majority of the month since we just recently found our battery chargers for the camera.) Anyway, here goes...


September 22, 2009
Resuming Normalcy...Dance Class Continues

Little Miss A is LOVING her new dance class. She already new several girls in class and is having a blast...almost too much fun at times. :)


September 19, 2009
Six Flags!!

It was with heavy hearts that we accepted the Six Flags tickets from our bffs. With bounce back tickets and season passes for next year,we'll hopefully get to go back and share the fun with them next time. A & D had an amazing time. They were both able to ride the 42" rides this year, unlike last year and the tears and heartache associated with that. Seeing them ride rides that we remember riding when we were kids was beyond priceless. With the settling in and unpacking that has taken over our lives this month, it was a nice distraction. :)

a "real" roller coaster!!!
September 18, 2009
Backyard Fun

Little Miss A and Mr. D discovered a new past time in our own backyard...

September 16, 2009
Water Colors

We had our first homework assignment in school. The kids were given paper dolls to decorate and create. The teacher in me had this vision of what they could create, I took them to my classroom after school. Went through all the supply bins that I have and started exploring. Buttons, beads, brads, googlie eyes, fabric, ribbon, yarn, sequins, charms, rocks and of course the traditional school supplies of crayons, markers, colored pencils and paint. Lots of choices right? Endless possibilities...what did the Caswell kids HAVE to do...water color. Not that we haven't done this a thousand times before, but that was what the monkeys insisted on. It took every ounce of self control to not "do" their project for them. (I think I was the only Mommy that didn't give in...A & D's projects are definitely kid created.) Boy were they proud of their dolls and shared them with that same pride on Friday with the class. :)

September 14, 2009
Field Trip

Our play group had an awesome field trip planned to Petco (where the pets go) to learn about some of the animals in the store and how to care for them. (Grandpa was in town and came with...not sure if he's recovered yet.) A & D LOVED the animals...especially the turtle poop at the end. (Yep, that was my kid that you could hear laughing all the way around the world with that lovey event.) It sure was nice to do something fun with friends!!!!

September 10, 2009
A Visit From Grandpa

Not long after "moving in" we had a visit from Grandpa. With boxes still everywhere, he was a huge help in getting settled in. His visit just happened to be during our Grandparent breakfast (the morning was a disaster, let's just say Dad was a hero!!!) he came to school ate breakfast with the kids and even bought them our s.a.'s of our school mascot. (Little Miss A is holding hers in the picture.) What a great visit.

September 3, 2009

First Commute from the New House...

In the car for just a few minutes, not even long enough for the car to "warm up" we pull into the school parking lot and Little Miss A replies "That was the fastest car ride ever!!!" Yep, isn't it awesome?!?!?

August 31, 2009

Our NEW Home!!!

Moments after closing, I raced to school to pick up the kids and headed to our new house. The kids and I waited for Daddy so we could walk in together as a family. Thankfully our realtor came as well and could snap our first family photo in front of our new home on the very first day!!!

5 comments:

Nicki said...

That's a lot of catch-up!! First of all - yay on the new house! It's darling! Secondly - I totally hear you on the homework. James has the same project due next week and I'm having a hard time "letting" him do it. His has to be life-size and I have all these ideas for it - but he doesn't want help :(

I want a tour of your house - when you get all settled in, of course!

Mrs. Bailey said...

i enjoyed catching up! your house looks beautiful . . . can't wait for our invite! glad you had fun at six flags! looks like you guys have been super busy! hope to see you soon!

Katherine said...

gorgeous house!!

i will wait patiently for my turn at the tour, i know you guys are busy! :)

wildboymama said...

Gorgeous house! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

The house looks great! I can't believe your kiddos are growing up so quick!