Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blackberries

We headed out in this CRAZY Texas heat, in the middle of the day I might add, to pick blackberries. (An event we had been talking about all weekend...the kids were so excited.)
Once we got there, the kids were actually running to the blackberry bushes when the switch happened. With a quick run through one of the sprinklers they had on, they both spun out and all of the sudden Little Miss A is chasing butterflies and Mr D is counting bugs...what?!?! We hadn't even picked our row of bushes yet. This pretty much sums up the events of the afternoon. In between spurts of sprinkler run time, our sweet little girl was chasing butterflies and picking flowers, our little man on the other hand was looking for bugs and spiders. How gender stereotypical is that?
After a little prompting at times..."I guess Daddy and I have a LOT of blackberries to eat ALL by ourselves" we had a little help. I'm guessing they each probably picked a total of 20 berries. If we had only known that they would be more interested in the outdoor creatures, we could have stayed in our backyard rather than drive an hour away. Although I will say they have enjoyed eating the blackberries we collected. :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

what a fun day! we'll have to do this next year! :) great pics!