Monday, November 3, 2008

FOUR??? No way...I want a recount!

Okay, today was harder than I honestly thought it was going to be!!! I seriously can't believe my "babies" are FOUR!!! That just sounds so old to me! Every time I thought about it, I'd start crying. Well, we kicked off our day with the traditional birthday song in the morning followed by presents. With school, this tradition may need to re-vamped a bit. Boy, was it a rush. (With "our" birthdays in the summer, as kids, the morning school rush was never an issue.) Trying to leave the house was quite the undertaking...leaving newly opened presents at home ALONE all day was REALLY hard!!!!

A & D seemed to have a great day, although finding out specifics about school is next to impossible at times. I checked in constantly. (Yes, I have become that Mom!) I asked what "special treat" they would want for lunch if Mommy came to have lunch with them today and they both said "McDonald's" in unison! McDonald's for lunch, icing cookies birthday treats for our classmates. We left school early in hopes of going to pick up Sonic drinks and heading to the park. NOPE. Mr D just wanted to go home to play with his presents. (He didn't even want me to stop at Sonic!!!) So, rather than going to the park, we went home. They both tore into all their toys and began playing at once. As the clock ticked nearer and nearer to 5:00, dance time, I started trying to get them both psyched up for that. Nope, D was DEFINITELY NOT on board for that, but it is A's day too and she wanted to "stay and play" as well.



So, we skipped dance class today and waited for Daddy to get home so we could go to a fun birthday dinner today as a family. A & D both picked Jardin Corona. (Our little Mexican local that we love and frequent. Knowing that they could almost literally go anywhere, J and I were SHOCKED to hear their request.) So, we headed to "the beer garden." Our favorite "senorita" was there tonight. (The one that always asks about the "babies" whether they are with us or not.) Tonight, she led the wait staff in the birthday song, complete with maracas, Mexican noise makers and a sombrero, although since they only had one, we passed on that argument of who would get to wear it.



It was truly a GREAT day!!!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Bailey said...

oh what a fun day! :) i can not believe they're 4 . . . holy crow. it's making me cry! wow. what beautiful kids you've got! :) we can't wait to celebrate with you! :0

Mrs. Bailey said...

oh what a fun day! :) i can not believe they're 4 . . . holy crow. it's making me cry! wow. what beautiful kids you've got! :) we can't wait to celebrate with you! :0

Jill said...

Happy Birthday guys!!!!! Four is a big deal!!! :-)