Saturday, March 6, 2010

Suess on the Loose

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday. Had been alive today, he would be an amazing 106 years old!!! In honor of this amazing man, we got all dolled up and headed to our local library this afternoon to attend a Suess extravaganza!!!! :)

The kids were a few characters in one today...I couldn't resist. Playing the parts of little Cindy Lou Who and Thing 1...is none other than my sweet Little Miss A. Playing both the Cat in the Hat and Thing 2 we have Mr. D. :) I don't know who had more fun with this...the kids or me. (Actually maybe I do know the answer to that.)

We started with Cat in the Hat tattoos. A & D are temporary tattoo addicts, so this was a HUGE hit for the Caswell kids. :)

After the tats, it was on to the crafts. They both could have spend the entire day at the coloring table. :)

We made ears to add to our costumes...

The finale of the event was an appearance by one of our local favorites...Joe McDermott
The Caswell Kids have always loved Joe and have seen him in concert several times before, but today was different. They weren't their usual peppy selves dancing around like crazy as they usually do to all Joe's fun songs. They were so hesitant to participate, looking around at the other kids their age that WEREN'T out on the dance floor. :( This was the first time I've seen this social awareness pop up in our lives and I have to admit, it makes me SO terribly sad. Gone are the days when they just don't care what everyone else is doing and just have fun. Is this permanent? I will do anything do get that back. I wonder...if we had been with Ken and Mck (who we usually see Joe with) would we have had the same experience?

No comments: