Friday, March 5, 2010

Our Little Texans

With Texas Independence Day on March 2nd, the students in Miss A's class celebrated Texas day at school today. The kids got up super early to get dressed. (Maybe every day should be Texas day.) They were so excited to put on their boots and hats and hit the trail for school.
Once we got to school their class went to the Principal's office to lead the school in the Pledge of Allegiance AND the Texas pledge over the morning announcements. (For my out of state family and friends, Texas still thinks it is it's own country and we pledge to our great state every day at school.) I was so surprised they knew them both. A & D are so ready for Kindergarten...they did great. I couldn't hear Little Miss A, although her teacher assured me she said it too, but the whole school could hear Mr. D. I was in the hallway listening with a friend, the one time I didn't say the pledges myself. I just wanted to hear my kids. :) Ms. K agreed, D was the ONLY voice we heard. That boy still only has one volume...fortissimo!!!!!!

It's going to be a great day!

No comments: