So the inevitable hunt for Halloween costumes began (and ended) today. I hope no one...Mr. D...changes their minds since we can't take them back, but we're done. (I don't think we really had a choice. I say it began today, but really the kids have been "looking" every time we enter a store that sells them. Today was just the first day we went "looking" as a family.
Though I tried to convince the kids that it would be SOOOOO cool if we all dressed up TOGETHER and we brainstormed ALL the possibilities. The Skywalker family was a hit for a while (Little Miss A was going to be Princess Leia, Mr. D was going to be Luke, J would Darth Vadar and I was going to be Queen Amidala...totally cute, right?) We were all on board until last week when Little Miss A and Mr. D bot found "better" costumes in one of their online browsing episodes.
Little Miss A has known since that day that she wanted to be Barbie. We walked into the store and started searching for it, however when we weren't seeing it, she started picking up anything she could get her hands on that was relatively girlie to select as a back up. I was starting to worry that she she wasn't 100% certain about what she wanted to be but then she saw it and lit up like a firefly. She was so excited. I knew that was it. :)
Mr. D, on the other hand is already second guessing his costume selection. He has been ALL over the place on his costume choices since we started talking about it a month ago. He's wanted to be everything from Harry Potter to Luke Skywalker (he was totally on board with that until Little Miss A changed her mind) to Scooby Doo. Pretty big spectrum, right? Well, we walked into the Halloween Store tonight and he bounced all over the boy section from one costume to the next. "I want to be this, no I want to be this, nope, this one. Okay, this is definitely it. No wait, this one." It was crazy. He ended up with a Clone Trooper costume very similar to the one that he got from Little Miss A for Christmas last year and ruined the same day. He looks super cute ad was so excited in the store, but we got home (after several reminders that we couldn't take the costume back and trade it for a different one if her changed his mind) he thought maybe he should have been Han Solo instead. Okay, still within the Star Wars story line, but oh man I'm starting to worry that we jumped the gun on his costume purchase.
It was the worry of what do we do with Little Miss A's costume, it's exactly what she wants, it's it's the right size and it's the only one they have. How do we get her one and not him when he's been the one BUGGING us EVERYday to get costumes. Ugh. We'll see what happens.
In the meantime, I have to note that this will be the first Halloween that my monkeys won't be matching/coordinating. I kind of thought last year was it...especially since that was kind of a fluke thing anyway. :) My babies" are growing up.
1 comment:
ohh! how fun! :) i just ordered the kids' costumes yesterday . . . not so much fun to do it on-line! just keep talking drew's costume up . . . he's still at the age that you can convince him that his choice was the best! :) can't wait to see the kids all dressed up! :) how fun! :)
Post a Comment