As we began the initial turn in, Mr. D guessed it and the two of them got SO excited!!!! "We're going to see Shamu?" Well, not exactly. Though we did catch this pic of the kids with Diamond as we walked into the park, we actually just planned a day trip to the water park. (Something J had never actually done.)
Having had Six Flags season passes last year, the kids and I hadn't been in the Lost Lagoon since they were 2, so today was a completely different experience. It was awesome!!! The last time we went, we pretty much just stayed in the Lil Gators area away from the crowds and chaos. The rest of the park was great. I wish we had a waterproof cover for our camera or had at least bought a waterproof camera for the day...I didn't get many pictures. :(
Little Miss A is like "Ariel" our little mermaid. Her swimming lessons have definitely built her confidence in the water. She is a beautiful swimmer...very graceful.
Mr. D is like "Flash" a blur in motion. That little man has NO FEAR of anything and was all over the place in no time. Wanted to run around the place like he owned it.
Our first for the day was...WATER SLIDES!!!! We started the day with the double-seater racing tubes. They both LOVED it so much that it was hard to convince them to try other water slides in the park, but with some convincing we headed to the monster family slide where all 4 of us could ride in the same tube together. By the end of the day, they each were riding in their own tubes all by themselves. WOW!!!!
Another favorite of the day was the wave pool. The kids, well I, hadn't braved the wave pool since the then "babies" and I almost drowned 4 years ago in it. (I'm pretty sure I posted that disaster in one of my way back when emails.) Little Miss A and Mr. D loved it. They were far more adventurous than I was willing to let them be...yes still memory scars from all that. It was so cute to see them simultaneously jumping with their hands in the air over each wave as it approached. Every time they heard the wave bell, they turned and headed in that direction if we weren't already in line for another slide. :)
What a great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment