Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Night and Day

To "illustrate" the difference between A & D, I thought I'd share a few moments today that just made me smile.

It was library day today...always a hit for the Caswell kids! They were both SOOOO excited to show me what books they checked out today. Little Miss A pulls out "Little Horse" (pictured with sweet ponies on the front.) Mr D shows me "Arthur's Underwear" (with a hilarious picture of Arthur in his undies and lots of inset pictures around the page with laughing kids.) Could they be more different?

After inspecting the library books, we proceed to leave school. When "hopping" into the car, I notice the plethora of toys on the floorboard below each of their carseats. (A very common occurrence these days, something I swore I would never do.) Anyway, Mr D's collection contains a fire truck, a buzz light year blaster and lots of twigs which he rounds up every day on the playground at recess. Little Miss A's treasures include a baby, bear, zebra and tigress.

(Note to self...new rule...all stowaways need to disembark upon returning home!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

We have a stowaway issue as well.. sigh.. They don't disembark unless I start to throw them away!!!

Mrs. Bailey said...

ha! same issue over here! i swear i keep cleaning out the car and the next time i turn around . . . holy crow, we have a new colleciton of something cluttering the floor! drives me CRAZY!
sounds like the book fair was fun! :)
hope we get to see you soon!